Let’s face it. The summer temps can turn a perfectly good blowout or curls into a puffy hot mess. Whether you wear your locks straight, natural, curly, short, long, or colored, it is important to protect your hair during the summer.
Here are a few tips on how to maintain healthy locks for all hair types.
- Remember to look for hair products that contain SPF to protect your hair from sun damage. Just as you would protect your skin, the same applies for your tresses.
- Whether you plan to relax at the beach or indulge in any other outdoor activity for extended periods of time, wear a hat or scarf. There are plenty of decorative headgear that you can find at affordable prices at stores such as Target, Macy’s, and H&M.
- Rinse your hair before swimming as it makes it harder for chemicals such as chlorine to stay on your locks. Also, wash your hair after swimming too, to rid of any chemicals or salt using shampoo specifically to remove the harsh chemicals.
- Use deep conditioners that have silk amino acids or coconut oil to perform the best hair treatments when your hair feels dry.
- Use less heat and chemical treatments on your hair throughout the summer season. Strive for protective hairstyles such as braids, buns, or shorter hair styles.
Use these tips throughout the summer months to have and maintain the best healthy looking locks.